Corporate Retirement Overview
Soundmark Wealth Management believes that a properly structured retirement plan is based on a few key tenets that embrace a fiduciary standard, including low cost options, a belief that markets are relatively efficient, and client service. We assist trustees by:
- Consulting and developing the best plan options for ownership and employees
- Minimizing investment cost by offering low cost institutional asset class and index mutual funds.
- Simplifying investment selection by providing model diversified portfolios and offering the new and innovative Managed DC option from Dimensional Fund Advisors.
- Focusing on fiduciary standards, trustee communication, employee education and client service.
Plan Structure, Implementation and On-Going Maintenance:
We work with plan trustees and third party administrators to develop a retirement plan that maximizes owner benefits while providing an employee benefit that will help attract and retain employees. We realize that every company has unique needs and goals with regard to their retirement plan and we work closely in formulating the right plan for each client.
However the structure is only one component of the process. We work closely in implementing the plan and providing on-going plan services.
Trustees have a fiduciary duty to properly structure and manage their retirement plan benefits for the participants. We act as a 3(38) Fiduciary to your retirement plan and monitor your investment options. We address fiduciary standards by:
- Development, monitoring and updating of an investment policy statement.
- Utilization of low cost passive asset class or index style mutual funds by companies such as Vanguard and Dimensional Fund Advisors.
- Provide a full menu of diversified investment options which are packaged in to model diversified portfolios which take the pressure off participants to individually select mutual funds and allow easy access to fully diversified portfolios.
- Ongoing trustee communication including established annual service plan which details participant communication and education, trustee communication and meetings, and other agreed upon and established service options.
- Employee communication and education.
- Transparent fee structure and reporting.
For More Information:
If you or your company would be interested in a plan review or would like to speak further with an advisor, please contact:
Todd Flynn, CPA, CFP®
SOUNDMARK Wealth Management, LLC